1.26.2013

Slammed

I finished a book titled Slammed, by Colleen Hoover. At first, I thought it was one of those same old YA novels, cliche stories, common. I saw some  of  my Goodreads friends ratings too. Some of them rated it 3, 4, and one even gave it a 1. Many also gave it a 5, and that was what pushed me to read this. And I'm glad I did.
Jusko, kapag inaalala ko naiiyak na ko.
This was what I wrote in Goodreads as my review of the book:
Never knew I can cry because I'm sad and laugh because I'm happy all at the same time. Never knew that a random book that I picked can give me a lot of lessons about life in less than 6 hours. Never knew I can cry while reading in front of my mom and brother. Never knew a book can make me cry like this. Never knew that the adjectives funny, sad, inspirational, depressing, and elating can be packed in one single book.
I certainly looked like this when I was reading it...
 Because it was just so...
good. P.S. I am now a fan of Miss Hoover and The Avett Brothers.
Losing someone you love sucks. Painful. Almost unbearable. Almost, but not impossible. I will always remeber what Eddie said in the book,"It wasn't death that punched you, Layken. It was life. Life happens. Shit happens. And it happens a lot. To a lot of people."
Hindi hihinto ang mundo para sa isang tao lang. Hindi umiikot ang mundo para sa'yo. Hindi iiyak ang mundo para sa'yo.
I miss you Dad. I know you're not coming back. I know that now. But I just want to say that I love you and I still miss you very fucking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment